Tuesday, March 25, 2008

DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?


Do you believe in God? That's the question that the band flyleaf posed in their song "Cassie". The song was inspired by the senseless murder of cassie bernall, a victim of the Columbine tragedy. All of us go about everyday hiding in our own little protective worlds. We never realize how we affect those around us either in a negative,careless way or if we are lucky the opposite. I am fortunate that I awoke from "my fog" before it was too late, I almost lost my wife. But thanks to God, I've turned it around and our relationship is very strong and moving forward. And so it is with the combined tragedies of Cassie Bernall and rachel scott,another Columbine victim, that we can learn much. After losing my job of 11 years and the mess I had made of my marriage, no one can tell me that God hasn't been pushing me onto the correct path. I took so much for granted, but that is no longer the story! Awake each and everyday, embrace the life that you've been given don't fret over what should or what shouldn't be, there are those whom are much worse off.

No comments: